Privacy & Security
The security of the information regarding your order is very important to us. We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol to protect the security of your on-line order information. SSL technology encrypts your order information to protect it from being decoded by anyone other than the Bookstore. Once you enter the checkout page your computer will begin communicating with our server in secure mode. You can tell that you are in secure mode by the following:
- The "http" in the web address will be replaced by "https", indicating that you've reached a secure area of the website.
- Depending on the browser, you will see either a padlock (Microsoft Internet Explorer, AOL, Netscape Communicator) or a solid key (Netscape Navigator) in the lower section of the browser window.
Only browsers that use the Secure Socket Layer protocol are able to order through the Bookstore website. If your browser does not support SSL, you can get an upgrade at Microsoft's or Netscape's home page.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
- Information you actively submit to The Bookstore. You may choose to provide certain personal information to The Bookstore through this site. This "personal information" may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, SFA student ID number, and credit card information. You may be asked to provide this information when you register to create an account with The Bookstore, to place an order with The Bookstore, or to contact The Bookstore with a question or comment. We use this information to fulfill your orders for books and related merchandise, to provide customer support, and to communicate with you.
Except as described below, The Bookstore will not disclose your personal information to third parties who are not our affiliates without your consent. We do not sell or exchange customer lists or customer information for marketing purposes with unaffiliated third parties, and will not do so without your expressed permission. We may, however, share personal information described above with our affiliates for business or marketing purposes. When completing the registration process you will be asked if you wish to receive emails from us pertaining to your order and other information about The Bookstore such as sales and events. Both options will be selected for you, however you can choose to opt out.
We may also share all of the personal information we collect, described above, for business purposes with companies and individuals who provide servicing, administrative, marketing, and other services for us, or on our behalf. Companies we hire to provide such services are only permitted, by contract, to use your information for the performance of the specific services we have requested of them.
The Bookstore may disclose personal information to government and regulatory authorities as permitted or required by applicable law, to enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Bookstore, our users, or others.
The Bookstore is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to this site.
- Automatically collected information. The Bookstore’s web servers automatically collect anonymous information about a visitor’s IP address, browser type and referrer by reading this information from your browser. This information is collected in a database and is used to help us recognize you each time you return to our site. This information is automatically logged by most websites.
- Information collected using cookies. The Bookstore may use various kinds of software devices, such as "cookies" to collect information about Internet use. These small files identify your browser and save information such as passwords so that Web sites can recognize you. You can set your browser to disable cookies, but some portions of this site (and other sites) may not work properly if you do this.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
The Bookstore maintains reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information, to protect the personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Nonaffiliated third parties are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality, and are not permitted to use your personal information for marketing purposes, or for any purpose other than that we have requested of them.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To access, correct or delete your personal information stored by The Bookstore, please log-in and click on the "My Account" link.
The Bookstore may, but is not required to, update this policy from time to time. Accordingly, you should periodically check this web site for any changes.